When it comes to voltage and current testing there can only be two devices that you can count on, the fluke t5-600 and the t5-1000. They both come in handy with amazing features and give great results. However, in most cases, there can only be one that is preferred by most contracting professionals out there. Hence, this product comparison review will help you look at the two products more closely by explaining their similarities and differences.
The Fluke t5-600
The first device to be analyzed will be the fluke t5-600. This product comes with its pros and cons that vividly explains its unique features and qualities. First and foremost, the fluke t5-600 retails at an affordable price that makes it affordable and worth buying.It also comes with a detachable thin probe tips that are specially-designed for national electrical standards. This tester can stay connected for longer periods than solenoid type tester. It has a compact design with neat probe storage. In addition, it comes with an accurate and easy open jaw current measurement integration that is easy to use. On the other hand, it automatically measures DC and AC volts with precise digital resolution. The battery life can be easily conserved, thanks to the auto power-off mode. Some of the features that come with the t5-600 are:
- Easy, accurate openJaw current measurement integration that is easy to use
- Auto power-off mode helpful in the conservation of battery life
- Rugged and strong enough and can withstand a 3m drop.
- Has a detachable thin-reach tips that are customized for national standardsto allow tips to be easily inserted into outlets.
- Automatic AC/DC measure with precise digital resolution
- Stays connected longer than most solenoid type tester
- Has a continuous beeper that is pretty loud
- Dust and water resistant feature.
- It also has a 2-year warranty
The Fluke t5-1000
The t5-1000 comes with a hand full of features and designs too. The Fluke t5-1000 is most preferable by users who tend to work on higher voltages (1000V) to be precise. When working on high voltage circuits, the 1000 is the way to go it can handle (1000v).In addition, this tool comes with a covered 2-year warranty. It also comes with voltage measuring ranges of DC: 6,12,24,50,110,240,415 and 660. It also comes with a safety category of VDE, CE, CSA and UL.
- The Fluke T5-1000 comes with a Tester Kit which includes the H5 holster which will help you clip the T5 easily on your belt;
- Higher voltage capabilities than the t5-600;
- Automatic AC/DC measure with an exact digital resolution;
- Auto power-off mode helpful in the conservation of battery life;
- Sleek design similar to the t5-600
- Optional holster attaches to belt and neatly stows test leads;
- Has the ability to stay connected for much longer period than solenoid type tester;
- Available in 600V and 1000V models;
- Test leads accept Fluke accessory test clips;
- Rugged enough to withstand a 10-foot (3m) drop;
- Compact design with neat probe storage;
- Continuity beeper;
- Accurate and easy OpenJaw™ current measurement;
- Displays resistance to 1000Ω
In conclusion, you will come two note that the two products may seem to look alike however they have some differences here and there. For example the fluke t5-600 is different from fluke t5-1000 in the sense that the t5-600 handles a slightly lesser voltage compared to the t5-1000 (600v). In addition, the t5-1000 delivers higher voltage capabilities than the t5-600. On the other hand, the two products also share some similar features. For example, both products feature auto power-off mode that helps in conserving energy hence prolonging the battery life. In addition, both products have the ability to stay connected for longer periods as compared to solenoid type testers. Both products are also rugged to the extent that they can easily withstand tough working conditions. Therefore, by keenly observing the different features that come with these two products, you will definitely find the best product.
Click here to Check out Fluke T5-600 Price on Amazon!
Click here to Check out Fluke T5-1000 Price on Amazon!